Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rollei 35T Baby!


I grew up in a house full of camera equipment and a darkroom, so photography has been part of my life since before I could walk.  Yesterday I was able to get my Dad's old Rollei 35T. During my high school years this camera sat on a bookshelf in my bedroom along with a Twin Lens Reflex with is still MIA (I hope to find it one day).

My dad told me that he bought the Rollei used some time in the 70's from a camera store. At the time he believes they sold for about $150 new. Today it looks like they sell for the same price on eBay.

Looking on Flickr, the images this tiny camera can capture seem pretty great. I may go buy some film and see what happens. Assuming I can find film.

The camera is in near mint condition. Only thing missing appears to be a battery cover for the light meter, but I am sure it will work without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment