Sunday, June 3, 2012

Return to the WRM

I have a long history with the Western Railway Museum. My first visit was in the mid 1970's when my parents took my on a visit.

The Comet. Taken around 1975
The Comet taken in August 2011
My next visit was in the 1980's when my best friend and his parents took us on a day trip. I had no idea where the place was located but last year I accidentally passed it while going for a drive.

Museum ticket from 1987 and 2012

So I stopped in 2011 and took some photos and returned again today.  Below are some the shots.

This HDR capture of an old red boxcar was the last image I took today.
Clearly they are doing work to rebuild the interior and exterior.

The next 2 shots were taken of the same train 1 year apart using different lenses. Which one do you prefer?
2011 HDR 18mm Nikon kit lens version

2012 HDR 10mm Tamron wide angle version

HDR train interior

HDR image turned almost totally B&W. Not very happy with the POV.
Next time I will get the tripod lower toward seat level.
I also took a bunch of Macro shots with the Tamron 90mm Macro lens




And of course a few cool signs from inside the train that I really enjoyed








No comments:

Post a Comment