Thursday, June 14, 2012

D600 upgrade rambling

Now that I have seen photos of the future Nikon D600, I am wanting it even more. I am now realizing that the lens I use the most is a DX Tamron 10-24 lens and it can not take full advantage of the D600 sensor.

If I decide to upgrade to a D600 I need to figure out what Ultra Wide Angle lens will give me the same field of view that I get with the DX camera.  My research shows that many Ultra Wide FX compatible lenses do not allow you to screw on a filter. So not only do I need an equivalent  viewpoint, I also need something that will support my 77mm filters.

I am still new to the FX vs DX world, so it is hard for me to figure out which lens I should consider buying (without breaking the bank).  It looks like Nikon has a very good Wide lens but I am not sure if it is wide enough or equal to the Tamron.

If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment