Friday, December 7, 2012

That didn't last long

Less then a week ago I created a webstore at Photoshelter and I have already deleted the page.

I spent a long time setting it up but closed the page for a few reasons.

1) After about a week I basically had Zero visitors, even after advertising the page to current followers.
2) I already have 500px to sell large canvas prints
3) I got a call from my credit card company that someone was using my credit card number without authorization to shop at Starbucks. That credit card has only been used in a couple of places in the past month and one of them was at Photoshelter.  I am not saying that Photoshelter was hacked, but with the bank sending me a new credit card, I decided to minimize my risk by not leaving the new number on the site for re-billing each month. So to avoid the hassle, I just closed the page.  Maybe I will open it again one day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment