Friday, April 27, 2012

What is normal?

I will find a location and shoot maybe 5 to 20 shots of a single item. Sometimes a little more. Mostly due to limited time or access. I then get home and hate every shot. Either my framing sucks or my focus is total crap. It's a horrible feeling. I usually try to fix my mistakes in aperture and hope for the best.

I read some photographers take 2000 shots of a single subject. That makes me feel a lot better. If it takes a pro 2000 shots, then how can I get something great with only 10? Luck maybe?

Then comes the question, is it ok to manufacture the sky? Import it from an unrelated image. Is it ok to remove an electric tower from the landscape? Add a person or two? Maybe. I prefer to share a realistic vision of the subject rather then create "art" that didn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment