Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shooting the Unavailable

How many times have you been driving and seen what would the most perfect subject but you have no way to pull off the road safely?

Vasco Road in the Bay Area is the perfect example.  If you have been on Vasco, then you have seen the 2 big barns that are screaming for a really good photo to capture the texture and history of the crusty buildings.  Once again, no place safe or legal to stop.  They have an access road near by but still no way to back up off the turnout after taking the pics. A few shots exist on the web but they just don't capture the landscape the way I want to shoot it.  I might get my chance later this month on a planned and organized hiking trip. We will see.

On the Livermore side of Vasco is an amazing view on an old barn surrounded by perfect junk! This one can be shot safely, but stopping is still probably a risk on Vasco.

What does everyone else do in these situations?

I didn't take any pics today, but I do have 2 different barns on my list that are easy to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment